Hair Stylists will perform the following essential functions.
• Acknowledge and greet all guests and offers friendly, prompt, and courteous service.
• Adhere to Minako Hasegawa Hair Salon standards for guest service and cleanliness.
• Adhere to Minako Hasegawa Hair Salon dress code.
• Providing professional hair styling and/or makeup services in a professional and expert manner.
• Providing expert advice and consultation on hair care for clients before and after each session.
• Abide by all reasonable rules and requirements that clients request.
• Offering a wide range of beauty services, such as shampooing, cutting, coloring, and styling of hair, giving scalp treatments, and if possible providing makeup analysis, and cleaning and styling wigs and hairpieces.
• Contribute to maintain the highest level of cleanliness, and cooperate with Minako Hasegawa Hair Salon in daily cleaning, decontamination, sterilization, etc.
Our requirements for the position.
• Relevant work experience.
• New York State Cosmetology license.
• Proficiency with latest salon techniques.
• Proficiency with use of equipment needed to perform technical work.
• Developed communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships.
• At least 40% commission, and higher for applicants with vast experience and/or existing NYC based clientele.
• Applicants who can start soon will be eligible for an additional bonus commission.
• Further details are negotiable depending on experience, current clientele, etc.